Beginning August 1st, BlueRaiderZone.com will redirect to the Middle Tennessee section of CSNbbs.com. It's been a blast conversing with you all this past decade+, and we hope to continue cheering on from our new home: https://csnbbs.com/forum-301.html

2018 Basketball Recruits

Discussion of the Blue Raider men's basketball team.
MoodyBlueRaider
3rd String

Re: 2018 Basketball Recruits

Unread post by MoodyBlueRaider » Mon May 07, 2018 4:39 pm

I'm giving McDee that Mulligan that you've offered. But, I'm still PO''d at Massaro for not prohibiting our signees from going to Ole Miss. That will continue to stick in my craw for as long as Ole Miss is on our schedule. I'll just hope McDee is a dang good practice and game day coach and that he elevates his recruiting game for the 19-20 season. Otherwise, think we are pretty well stuck with what we got.
Blue Raider Dave
Starter

Unread post by Blue Raider Dave » Mon May 07, 2018 6:13 pm

mtfnby5 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:09 pm
Of the three newcomers it appears the only "power conference" offer any had out of high school or JUCO was Jones to Arkansas and he was a 2 star recruit who is "dropping down" to MT. Yet the program had risen to the point that all three we released had legit "power" offers.

Count me not impressed with this class. Perhaps McDevitt deserves a mulligan on this class but I expect a huge uptick in the quality of signees next year. Otherwise the program will be once again mired in %$&-major mediocrity.

It's damn hard to raise the profile of a BkB program at our level, it's very easy to lose status over night.
This.
Trueblue147
3rd String

Unread post by Trueblue147 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:07 pm

I agree this class appears to be a disappointment. Hopefully next year McDevitt will live up to the hype (recruiting wise) that we expected.
cmaestro23
Starter

Unread post by cmaestro23 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:42 pm

Seeing this recruiting class as a disappointment is understandable. However, I don't think it is a fair expectation that in year one we will maintain what CKD built. This season is about keeping the program on track and not losing too much ground. I actually like these 6'5 g/f types that can shoot, we've had too many 6'2 guys that can shoot if they can get a shot off. Next year will be the year to watch and see how CNM can do with that recruiting class. I'm kind of intrigued to see a little different style of play too.
stt
Starter

Unread post by stt » Fri May 11, 2018 4:12 pm

Is this year one or year zero?