Beginning August 1st, BlueRaiderZone.com will redirect to the Middle Tennessee section of CSNbbs.com. It's been a blast conversing with you all this past decade+, and we hope to continue cheering on from our new home: https://csnbbs.com/forum-301.html

Only 15?

The home for Middle Tennessee football discussion.
MoodyBlueRaider
3rd String

Re: Only 15?

Unread post by MoodyBlueRaider » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:05 am

Disappointed again that we have so little success in ever attracting more than a few 3 star (4 year) players from anywhere and particularly the Mid State. Love the fact that we always seem to sign a few good Jucos, Transfers, and Sleepers who make a steady contribution after they arrive on campus. They are essential building blocks for MT. But, until we can boast at having the BEST rated Recruiting Class in CUSA; we aren't going to bring a Championship to the Boro.
ZReed
Starter

Unread post by ZReed » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:51 pm

MoodyBlueRaider wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:05 am
Disappointed again that we have so little success in ever attracting more than a few 3 star (4 year) players from anywhere and particularly the Mid State. Love the fact that we always seem to sign a few good Jucos, Transfers, and Sleepers who make a steady contribution after they arrive on campus. They are essential building blocks for MT. But, until we can boast at having the BEST rated Recruiting Class in CUSA; we aren't going to bring a Championship to the Boro.
If championships were won on February recruiting rankings, it would certainly take a lot of drama out of the season.
blueraidersig
Assistant Coach

Unread post by blueraidersig » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:00 pm

ZReed wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:51 pm
MoodyBlueRaider wrote:
If championships were won on February recruiting rankings, it would certainly take a lot of drama out of the season.
They kind of are. Ever look at recruiting rankings and the teams that tend to end the season on top? Sure some don't hit like UT for the last decade but most of the time best teams come from the best classes.
Western Kentucky....Keeping ugly girls out of Middle for over 100 years.
ZReed
Starter

Unread post by ZReed » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:42 pm

blueraidersig wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:00 pm
ZReed wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:51 pm
MoodyBlueRaider wrote:
They kind of are. Ever look at recruiting rankings and the teams that tend to end the season on top? Sure some don't hit like UT for the last decade but most of the time best teams come from the best classes.
Yes they "kind of" are. The post I responded to literally said until we have the "BEST rated class in CUSA" we won't win any championships.

I'll always want the highest rated class we can get, but there is no direct correlation from the top rated class to winning the conference.

Reigning champs FAU's last five classes ranked: 7th, 8th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st.

Keep your classes in the top half and you've always got a chance.
MoodyBlueRaider
3rd String

Unread post by MoodyBlueRaider » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:34 pm

Well, I guess we can split Hairs if you want to do so. But, my desire for the "Best" Recruiting class could be dialed down to the "Second Best" or even "Third Best" and it would be an improvement over the last 10 years of recruiting. I have confidence in Stock's ability to "Coach 'em up" but you if you have to "coach em up"; wouldn't it be a helluva lot shorter journey to a Championship if we had Recruiting success that ranked in the top half of the "Blankin" Conference?!
Ole Blue
MVP

Unread post by Ole Blue » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:15 pm

Highly ranked recruiting classes usually end in high-finishing/ranked seasons.
ZReed
Starter

Unread post by ZReed » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:38 pm

Ole Blue wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:15 pm
This is a true statement.

The statement I resonded stated that only the "BEST" will result in championships.
Ole Blue
MVP

Unread post by Ole Blue » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:37 am

ZReed wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:38 pm
Ole Blue wrote:

The statement I resonded stated that only the "BEST" will result in championships.
Yes. Thus, logically, lowly-ranked recruiting classes usually end in low-finishing/ranked seasons. Thus our slide to mediocrity and poor performance shouldn't be a surprise.
ZReed
Starter

Unread post by ZReed » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:07 am

Ole Blue wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:37 am
ZReed wrote:
Ole Blue wrote:

Yes. Thus, logically, lowly-ranked recruiting classes usually end in low-finishing/ranked seasons. Thus our slide to mediocrity and poor performance shouldn't be a surprise.
Do you understand my point of contention? We can win a championship without finishing 1st in the conference recruiting rankings, that's all I was saying.
Ole Blue
MVP

Unread post by Ole Blue » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:14 pm

ZReed wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:07 am
Ole Blue wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:37 am
ZReed wrote:

Do you understand my point of contention? We can win a championship without finishing 1st in the conference recruiting rankings, that's all I was saying.
I was agreeing with you...? No need to be so condescending