Beginning August 1st, BlueRaiderZone.com will redirect to the Middle Tennessee section of CSNbbs.com. It's been a blast conversing with you all this past decade+, and we hope to continue cheering on from our new home: https://csnbbs.com/forum-301.html

MT Homecoming

The home for Middle Tennessee football discussion.
ZReed
Starter

Re: MT Homecoming

Unread post by ZReed » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:03 am

KAjunRaider wrote:
iTim314 wrote:
KAjunRaider wrote:The club Main Street used to get some good acts.

I remember when the Chili Peppers came there before they hit it big.
Now it's changed ownership so many times it's nothing but a sketchy smoke joint with a subwoofer.
What's it called nowadays ?
Are we talking about the big place caddy corner to Dodge's?

I lived in Murfreesboro from 2003 to 2010 and in that time, I believe that place was at three or four different bars/clubs.

Bongo Johnny's, Inferno Bar, Sweetwater, 527...
KAjunRaider
Assistant Coach

Unread post by KAjunRaider » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:59 am

ZReed wrote:
KAjunRaider wrote:
iTim314 wrote: Now it's changed ownership so many times it's nothing but a sketchy smoke joint with a subwoofer.
What's it called nowadays ?
Are we talking about the big place caddy corner to Dodge's?

I lived in Murfreesboro from 2003 to 2010 and in that time, I believe that place was at three or four different bars/clubs.

Bongo Johnny's, Inferno Bar, Sweetwater, 527...
yes
RowdyAlumni
2nd String

Unread post by RowdyAlumni » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:24 am

Self just played the Eliston Place Street Festival back in July and it was awesome.
Sninho
3rd String

Unread post by Sninho » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:38 am

When I started at MT in 2001, I remember seeing articles about how Murfreesboro had a huge, thriving live music scene, but I couldn't actually find it anywhere. Saw a few acts at The Boro, Wall Street, and The Venue of Many Names (Main Street Music, says Goggle), but never felt like I saw anyone that would make any noise in the music world and couldn't tell you any of their names. Saw a few bands on Fraternity Row, but they were all pretty forgettable. I think someone connected to the RIM department could probably do a great job with a live venue booking bands on the cheap.