Beginning August 1st, BlueRaiderZone.com will redirect to the Middle Tennessee section of CSNbbs.com. It's been a blast conversing with you all this past decade+, and we hope to continue cheering on from our new home: https://csnbbs.com/forum-301.html

CRASH: Site Announcement

Any and all BRZ-related news and announcements.
stt
Starter

Re: CRASH: Site Announcement

Unread post by stt » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:36 pm

I see your point about injuries, but I read it as if the good stuff gets moved to premium boards. $10 per month is outrageously priced, and if I run into McDevitt at taco Bell and he tells me some hot goss, I'm not going to post it on some forum where a mod will move it to the premium area.
mtfnby5
Starter

Unread post by mtfnby5 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:20 am

Never had premium and haven't missed it. By the time I pay almost $500.00 a month for media and phone (extended family - several locations - don't ask) I just can't justify the cost for premium. I would like to know which recruits are visiting and get info early and perhaps if I had premium I would feel I couldn't do without it.
I do want to support all entities which promote my school but after buying season tickets, donating to BRAA, and giving an annual gift to The Foundation there is some place I have to draw the line.

As an aside: I realize that many programs with larger fan bases have many media persons who make money off of the school by offering subscription sites, magazines (Cat's paws, etc), expert (?) talk-show analysis, etc. I have felt that the administrators at the other site are hoping for some part-time job size rewards for hosting the site along with paying for whatever Rivals charges. I don't begrudge them in this attempt.
stt
Starter

Unread post by stt » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:49 am

Seems shady to me that the paid site would have access to information that only somebody within the athletic department would know. The subscription money would either be buying information from people in the athletic department or paying people that befriend athletic department people. If it's neither of those two, then it's stuff you can find out from Twitter or wgns, and it's messed up that somebody could move it behind a paywall.

It's really even messed up to move injury information behind a paywall. A competitor would have no problem paying $10 to find out if Brent is hurt, and Rick has kept stuff like that secret in the past to prevent opponents from preparing for our plan B.

$10 per month is HBO prices. $12 per year with a good feature article every week during season and a good feature every 2-3 weeks in the off-season is reasonable to me.