Beginning August 1st, BlueRaiderZone.com will redirect to the Middle Tennessee section of CSNbbs.com. It's been a blast conversing with you all this past decade+, and we hope to continue cheering on from our new home: https://csnbbs.com/forum-301.html

CRASH: Site Announcement

Any and all BRZ-related news and announcements.
NoogaRaider
2nd String

Re: CRASH: Site Announcement

Unread post by NoogaRaider » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:06 pm

stt wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:48 pm
I'm kind of confused. How many "other sites" are there? I hear that we don't have enough fan base for 2 message boards, but some of ya'll are saying move to gomiddle.com while iTim is redirecting to CSNbbs. If there's no "beef" between iTim and gomiddle, why not redirect to gomiddle?

If there are choices, what's the difference between them? I'm really looking for the best balance between active discussion and not too much trolling from other teams' fans.
Again, no disrespect to iTim, but take a look at the redirect to CSNbbs Middle Tennessee and the Gomiddle.com board. Its not a hard choice.

I dont care about any internet drama between posters refusing to visit and post on a website, thats childish, but it IS best for all of our active posters to consolidate on Gomiddle.com. Our University should trump any personal vendetta against a website. Just use a new username for goodness sake.
ThreeIfByLightning
MVP

Unread post by ThreeIfByLightning » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:14 am

stt wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:48 pm

If there are choices, what's the difference between them? I'm really looking for the best balance between active discussion and not too much trolling from other teams' fans.
This is where I am. I don't value CSN as an option, because I really don't want to have to deal with a bunch of jack holes from other fan bases. And when you go there you're going to routinely have to put up with trolls since so many others are on it from other conferences. As a conference board I enjoy it. But not for a team board. That's one reason why I suggested taking this fully private with real names would be a good way to go. I think folks would be more willing to speak their minds and we could enhance friendships within the fanbase. And new members could only be added based on nominations and seconded motions. Would be like our own MT secret society. Well, maybe not but still would work I believe.

As for Gomiddle I have friends who post there but not here. That's fine. Doesn't matter to me where people converse. I post over there myself every once in a while, but I'm not interested in being there all the time. There are a couple of folks who make it untenable. One, for example, that has been tweeting at players that they shouldn't attend MT. When he left this board it got better. Like many of you I don't have as much time to post anymore, and it's just the nature of things. When this site finally goes dark will probably be the end of me on MT message boards.

I've enjoyed the ride and conversing with so many of you over the years. Cheers.
mtfnby5
Starter

Unread post by mtfnby5 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 am

Three: With all due respect to iTim and thanks for all he has done for MT I agree with you in that CSNbbs is not an option for a message board. Furthermore, while I would have preferred a new consolidated board if that is impossible GoMiddle is the best and apparently the only option.

As for your statement that some posters make embracing GoMiddle untenable. In any community there will be members you disagree with, have a personality conflict with, who do obnoxious things in your opinion, or have done things to you personally. I have, in my work environment, had to be civil and respectful for years to those who had tried to get me fired. We all have family members who have very different opinions than us by we still are able to be a part of the family. We all have to remember that if in any group all members agree on everything then all but one are unecessary.

Three, I implore you and all readers/posters on this site who are considering "dropping out". Please don't do it. Register than read and post at GoMiddle. WE NEED YOU TO REMAIN ACTIVE!!! Will it always be pleasant? No! But you will be a contributing member of the MT community and we need and want you there.

Thanks for reading!
NoogaRaider
2nd String

Unread post by NoogaRaider » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:00 pm

mtfnby5 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 am
Three: With all due respect to iTim and thanks for all he has done for MT I agree with you in that CSNbbs is not an option for a message board. Furthermore, while I would have preferred a new consolidated board if that is impossible GoMiddle is the best and apparently the only option.

As for your statement that some posters make embracing GoMiddle untenable. In any community there will be members you disagree with, have a personality conflict with, who do obnoxious things in your opinion, or have done things to you personally. I have, in my work environment, had to be civil and respectful for years to those who had tried to get me fired. We all have family members who have very different opinions than us by we still are able to be a part of the family. We all have to remember that if in any group all members agree on everything then all but one are unecessary.

Three, I implore you and all readers/posters on this site who are considering "dropping out". Please don't do it. Register than read and post at GoMiddle. WE NEED YOU TO REMAIN ACTIVE!!! Will it always be pleasant? No! But you will be a contributing member of the MT community and we need and want you there.

Thanks for reading!
To echo this; TIBL you are one of the most if not THE most informed posters on this board. Will be a huge loss to not see you over at GoMiddle.
stt
Starter

Unread post by stt » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:59 pm

I don't like how GoMiddle has a Paid option. On top of that, the Paid option costs more than Netflix. From lurking, it looks like they've got ads anyway. What's the difference between a Premium Forum and a regular Forum?
mtfnby5
Starter

Unread post by mtfnby5 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:56 am

I'm sure there is some advantage to the paid option but as you said, expensive. As I've speculated before there could be financial reasons for the hard feelings between boards. One reason I had hoped for a consolidated board at a new site was for "better & quicker" information w/o having to pay. Regardless, I've been more that happy with both boards on a non-premium status.

One potential problem I foresee is that information won't be released to the non-premium members as quickly since the competition with BRZ is gone.
ThreeIfByLightning
MVP

Unread post by ThreeIfByLightning » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:58 am

NoogaRaider wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:00 pm
mtfnby5 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:48 am

Thanks for reading!
To echo this; TIBL you are one of the most if not THE most informed posters on this board. Will be a huge loss to not see you over at GoMiddle.
Don't know about all that, but appreciate the kind words nonetheless.
Predarat
2nd String

Unread post by Predarat » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:27 pm

I will miss you all and this place once August hits, hope to see you all on GoMiddle, maybe a Delphi Revival, Twitter, the CSNbbs, anywhere else on these IntraWebz and more importantly at games. Thanks to those that have taken on the thankless job of running this place for all these years, I know its a pain in the ass at times.
stt
Starter

Unread post by stt » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:23 pm

GoMiddle moderator wrote: if you have info on a player injury before a game, take it to the premium board or that may get deleted/edited or moved to the premium board.
That's enough to keep me from doing anything more than lurk at GoMiddle. I apparently already have an account at CSNbbs that I forgot about so I'll post my hot goss there.
mtfnby5
Starter

Unread post by mtfnby5 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:07 am

Seems to me that it's only being responsible for someone with inside info not to talk about undisclosed injuries on a public message board where every Tom, Dick, and Harry can read it. Not trying to get on your case stt, but if that's your reason to only "lurk" at GoMiddle then IMHO you are just looking for an excuse to not be active over there.