Beginning August 1st, BlueRaiderZone.com will redirect to the Middle Tennessee section of CSNbbs.com. It's been a blast conversing with you all this past decade+, and we hope to continue cheering on from our new home: https://csnbbs.com/forum-301.html

Planned Extended Downtime 2/26

Any and all BRZ-related news and announcements.
iTim314
Coach

Planned Extended Downtime 2/26

Unread post by iTim314 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:16 am

Hi all,

As you know back in 2015, I took over hosting BlueRaiderZone.com on my own personal server in my own home. It was the best option after the existing web host went out of business without any notification to its customers. This all came after a series of issues with other web hosts.

The realm of a Server Admin can be a scary place, and I didn't really know what I was doing at the time. I managed to get BRZ up and running, but it was a struggle, and I did a lot of technical things incorrectly that to this day remain incorrect. Over the years I've tried to fix them behind the scenes, but it caused too many problems and I kept having to revert all my attempted fixes just to keep BRZ running.

Having learned my lessons and written a technical manual for myself, starting Monday, February 26th at 6pm for as many as 48 hours, BlueRaiderZone.com, along with several other websites and services I host on my sever, will be unavailable while I completely erase my server and reinstall my operating system and all my server tools. Rest assured, BRZ and all its contents will be preserved; I will have triplicate backups before beginning the process.

Like with most software maintenance and bug fixes, you will not notice anything different after the reinstall is complete. I, however, will. 8-)
The smartest thing I've ever done was convince people I'm smart.
Lightning Sig
2nd String

Re: Planned Extended Downtime 2/26-2/28

Unread post by Lightning Sig » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:17 am

Thanks for the heads up and all you do to keep the site running.
iTim314
Coach

Re: Planned Extended Downtime 2/26

Unread post by iTim314 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:34 pm

All done. I'm glad I gave myself a solid 48 hours though.
The smartest thing I've ever done was convince people I'm smart.
middlefan2001
2nd String

Re: Planned Extended Downtime 2/26

Unread post by middlefan2001 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:27 am

Thanks for your efforts. I definitely enjoy the site.